Jess 7 Features
Related Web Sites
About This Site
, the Rule Engine for the JavaTM
|This installation of Friki uses "classic" formatting.
In this style page formatting is based on the style used in the "original" Wiki
described at Wiki:TextFormattingRules.
Text is mostly displayed as you have typed it. To prevent problems with rendering
HTML, important characters such as '<'. '>, and '&' are "escaped". HTML normally
joins lines and wraps the result, so to start a new paragraph, you need to put a
blank line (which will be converted to a <p> tag). "Classic" markup also adds ways
to indicate emphasis, strong emphasis, and so on.
The thing that makes this a "Wiki", and not just a collection of editable pages
is the ability to create "links" between pages. In the "classic" formatting, a link
is identified by creating a "WikiWord"; placing two or more initial-capitalised
words together (eg. FrontPage). If the page exists, you'll see a link to it, if it
doesn't exist yet, you'll see the name followed by a '?', which you can click to create
The rules are described in more detail below:
- Use doubled single-quotes ('') for emphasis (usually italics)
- Use tripled single-quotes (''') for strong emphasis (usually bold)
- Emphasis can be used multiple times within a line, but cannot span across line boundaries
- JoinCapitalizedWords to make references to other pages on this Wiki.
- Precede URLs with "http:", "ftp:", "gopher:", "mailto:", or "news:" to create links automatically as in: http://www.efsol.com/
- URLs of objects ending with .gif, .jpg, .jpeg or .png are inlined as images.
- Refer to pages on other Wikis using "interwiki" syntax as described at MeatBall:InterMap
- Use Six Single Quotes to AvoidMakingReferencesToOtherPagesOnThisWiki, or separate suffixes (like 's') (eg. FrontPages).
- ISBN 0-13-748310-4 links to a bookseller. (The pattern is: "ISBN", optional colon, space, ten digits with optional hyphens, the whole thing optionally in square brackets. The last digit can be an "X".) We are an Amazon Associate.
- I S B N: 0123456789 becomes ISBN 0123456789
- [I S B N 0123456789] becomes ISBN 0123456789
- [I S B N: 123-456-789-X] becomes ISBN 123-456-789-X
Bullets or Numbered Lists
- Four or more hyphens at the beginning of a line make a horizontal rule
- One line for each item
- tab * (or 8 spaces and *), for first level
- tab tab * for second level, etc.
- Use * for bullet lists, 1. for numbered lists (mix at will) -- always use 1., it will be renumbered automagically.
- tab term colon tab Definition, for example:
- first term
- This is first definition.
- second term
- This is the second definition.
- Indent with one or more spaces to use a monospace font:
This is text in a monospaced font.
This is indented with three spaces.
This is not.
- tab space : tab may be used (often with emphasis) for quotations.
- This is quoted.
This Wiki implements Ward Cunningham's table syntax introduced for his Wiki at http://fit.c2.com/, but not yet propagated back to the original Wiki.
- A line ending with '[' starts a preformatted block, which runs up to the next line which starts with ']'. Within a preformatted block WikiWords, lists, quotes, tables etc. have no significance, and indentation is preserved. Typically preformatted blocks are used for source code examples, or other complex text.
- Any line starting and ending with | (with optional trailing whitespace) will appear as a table.
- Separate columns with |
- Empty cells are merged with adjacent cells to form single spanning cells.
- If you really want an empty cell, put six-single-quotes in it, and it will show as empty.
- You can put preformatted blocks in table cells using |[ and ]|
| ||Example Table|
|type||with ||spanning||header |
|cols|| and ||several|| columns |
public class BlockTransform extends DynamicTransform
private Transformer tx;
private String URL="http://www.efsol.com/"
tx = new Transformer();
Front Page |
Recent Changes |
Powered by Friki |
Last Edited: 03 July 2006